Subject: INDUSTRIAL TECHNICAL DRAWING (A.A. 2018/2019)
Unit disegno tecnico industriale
Mechanical Engineering (lesson)
The course aims to teach students to understand and produce, according to the main UNI-ISO standards, assembly and part drawings in the field of Industrial Engineering. Moreover the course aims to give the basic knowledge and tools to understand the functional aspects, the constructive characteristics for the most common components in mechanical design.
Theoretical and tecniques fundamentals, graphic and standard language of industrial technical drawing. Geometric elements and convention of representation. Projection and sectioning techniques for drawings. Principles and techniques of dimensioning and of dimensional tolerancing. Basic technology information for the correct interpretation of industrial drawings for manufacturing. Functional and constructive properties of the major mechanical components. Fundamentals of thread connections, shaft-hole coupling, bearings, assembly schematic and drawings.
Lectures, practice exercises and drawing.
Written tests: a) multiple choice questionnaire on Industrial Technical Drawing theory, b) sketch of an assembly of mechanical parts, c) sketch of an assembly with rolling bearings, d) dimensioning of a mating tolerance between mechanical parts. The results of the first four tests enables the admission for next test e) comprehension of a part from an assembly and detail technical drawing.
1. Knowledge and understanding of theory fundamentals, application techniques basics, graphic and standard language of Industrial Techical Drawing, geometric elements and representation norms, projection techniques and sections for technical drawing, principles and techniques for dimensioning and dimensional tolerancing, technology basics for understanding the fabrication drawings. Knowledge and understanding of functional and manufacturing properties of the main mechanical components.
2. Capability to analyse and understand technical drawings of machines and subassemblies, capability to produce technical drawings of simple machine subassemblies and parts.
3. Capability to independently assess and compare the engineering solutions for a problem of limited complexity.
4. Capability to organize into workgroups, effectively communicate in written and / or oral forms, eventually in English.
5. Capability to catalog, outline and revise the achieved knowledge.
Chirone E., Tornincasa S., Disegno Tecnico Industriale, Ed. Il Capitello, Torino.
Baldassini, Vademecum per disegnatori e tecnici, Hoepli.
Manfè, Pozza, Scarato, Disegno Meccanico, Voll. 1,2,3. Ed. Principato, Milano.
UNI - Disegno Tecnico Vol. 1 - Principio e applicazioni generali di disegno meccanico e industriale. Ed. 2006.
UNI - Disegno Tecnico Vol. 2 - Specificazioni dimensionali e geometriche di disegno meccanico e industriale. Ed. 2006.