Subject: PRIVACY E TUTELA DEI DATI (A.A. 2022/2023)
Unit Privacy e tutela dei dati
Related or Additional Studies (lesson)
Knowledge of the essential frameworks to understand and deal with legal problems related to the use and development of information technologies
Teaching takes place in the first semester of the first year of the master's degree in Computer Science for a total of 42 hours (6 CFU) of frontal teaching
Part I: 14 hours (2 CFU) - Main notions of law
Relationships between information technology and law - What is law? The concept of legal rule. The sources of law. Effectiveness of the law in time and space.
Criteria for applying the law. Interpretation of the law.
Individuals and legal persons. Legal capacity and ability to act. The bonds. The responsability.
Part II: 14 hours (2 CFU) - The Privacy legislation
The Italian legislation - The U.S.A. - EU legislation: European regulation n. 679/2016 (GDPR) - The UNI 11697: 2017 standard on professional profiles related to data processing and protection - Rights of data subjects - Compliance in the field of data protection - Practical focus - The figure of the DPO (Data Protection Officer ): appointment and roles - Privacy by design and by default - Information Security and Risk Management - DPIA (data Privacy Impact Assestment) - Practical Focus
Part III: 14 hours (2 CFU) - Cybercrimes and protection of personal data
Computer crimes - Unauthorized access to computer system - unauthorized possession and distribution of computer systems access codes - computer correspondence violation - damage to information, data and computer programs - Computer fraud and phishing - IT investigations and computer forensics - Practical focus
Frontal lessons held by the teacher. During the lessons practical cases and exercises will be analyzed - for the study it is recommended to consult the following volume: Lezioni frontali tenute dal docente. Durante le lezioni saranno analizzati casi pratici e svolte esercitazioni - per lo studio è consigliata la consultazione del seguente volume: CODICE DELLA PRIVACY - Tutela e sicurezza dei dati personali - Edizione La Tribuna, 2018
The exam will be oral. The candidate will be asked some questions on the topics covered in class, based on the didactic provided material
At the end of the course, the student acquires various skills.
1. Knowledge and understanding. Through the lessons the student will have knowledge of:
- the existence of legal problems related to the use of new technologies;
- the various national and international sources of law relating to the world of privacy;
- the rights of citizens in terms of privacy;
- the duties of the data controllers;
- the concepts of privacy by design and privacy by default
- of the various professional figures and their respective roles in the field of privacy;
- the approach to organizational and technical security measures in the privacy field;
- IT crimes and the rules for the protection of personal data;
2. Ability to apply knowledge and understanding. Through case studies, the student will have refined the ability to develop and use new technologies in compliance with rules and regulations.
3. Autonomy of judgment. Thanks to the exercises the student develops the ability to manage projects that involve legal knowledge. In particular, it will be able to:
- find the constantly evolving legislation from qualified sources and autonomously interpret the current legislation applicable to its area of interest;
- interact in a qualified way with lawyers and legal experts.
4. Communication. The final interview allows you to express the concepts learned with appropriate physical language and support a discussion on the topics covered.
5. Learning skills. The activities described, in particular the case studies and exercises, allow you to acquire the methodological tools necessary to be able to autonomously provide for an adequate updating and deepening, which allows the student to also tackle new problems and to independently investigate some collateral aspects of the topics proposed in the course.
Didactic material provided by the teacher
Consultation of the following volume is recommended:
Stefano Aterno, Sicurezza informatica. Aspetti giuridici e tecnici. Pacini Giuridica, 2022 (da p. 1 a p. 161)