Subject: MATHEMATICAL PHYSICS A (A.A. 2021/2022)
Unit Fisica matematica A
Basic Mathematics (lesson)
The aim of the course is to present and discuss, from the rigorous point of view of the mathematical physics, the basic models for classical mechanics.
Principal subjects of kinematics, statics and dinamics of the material point and systems.
Standard lectures and exercise sessions.
Written examination (3 h).
- Knowledge and understanding: at the end of the course the student should have acquired the elements of Classical Mechanics
- Applying knowledge and understanding: the student at the end of the course should be able to apply the knowledge acquired to simple problems of classical mechanics.
- Making judgements: the student at the end of the course should be able to recognize by himself/herself the appropriate approaches and calculation methods in classical mechanics.
- Communicating skills: the student at the end of the course should be able to describe with appropriate technical language and mathematical formalism the subjects presented in the course.
- Learning skills: The lectures should stimulate the learning skills and to go deep in subjects connected with the ones presented in the lessons.