Subject: APPLIED ELECTRONICS (A.A. 2022/2023)
degree course in TECHNOLOGIES FOR THE SMART INDUSTRY
Unit ELETTRONICA APPLICATA
Electrical, electronic, and industrial automation technologies (lesson)
Unit Laboratorio di Elettronica Applicata
Other Skills Required for Access to the Job Market (laboratory)
The course aims to provide the basic knowledge on the laws that regulate the analysis of circuits and on semiconductor electronic devices, diode circuits, amplifier circuits based on operational amplifiers.
Good knowledge of spoken and written Italian language, logical thinking skills, knowledge and ability to use the main results of elementary mathematics and the foundations of experimental sciences.
Electrical circuits: Charge, Voltage, Current; Voltage and Current Generators; Electrical Resistance and Ohm Law; Superposition Principle; Power; Series and Parallel Resistors, Kirchhoff Laws, Thevenin and Norton Theorems. Electric Field, Magnetic Field, Capacitors, Series and Parallel Capacitors, Inductors, Series and Parallel Inductors, Mutual Inductance, Transformers. Transients: Capacitor Charge, Inductor Charge, Capacitor Discharge, Inductor Discharge.
Amplifiers: Amplifier Equivalent Circuit, Power Gain, Decibels, Differential Amplifiers, Operational Amplifiers, Non-Inverting Amplifier, Inverting Amplifier, Unit Gain Amplifier, Current-Voltage Amplifier, Subtractor, Adder, Differentiator, Real Operational Amplifiers.
Semiconductor devices: Electrical Properties of Solids, Semiconductors, Silicon, Dopants. Diffusion Current, Drift Current. PN Junction. Equivalent Diode Circuits, Rectifiers. MOSFET. Common-source amplifiers.
The course includes theoretical lessons and exercises.
The learning assessment is through a written test followed by an oral discussion. The written test can be replaced by a midterm and a final tests.
Upon completion of the course and after passing the related exam, the student will have achieved the following learning outcomes:
1. Knowledge and understanding of the basic concepts of electrical circuits.
2. Knowledge and understanding of the pn junction operating principles and of the main diode circuit applications.
3. Knowledge and understanding of the MOSFET operating principles.
4. Knowledge and understanding of the main operational amplifier applications.
5. Capacity of analyzing and designing elementary diode circuits using analytical techniques.
6. Capacity of analyzing and designing basic MOS amplifiers.
7. Capacity of analyzing and designing elementary operational amplifier circuits using analytical techniques.
Neil Storey – Fondamenti di Elettronica – Ed. Pearson, ISBN: 9788871926087
Copia dei lucidi utilizzati durante le lezioni in aula.
Le dispense del corso saranno disponibili sulla pagina Teams del corso.