Social sciences and humanities
Subject: CIVIL PROCEDURES LAW (A.A. 2021/2022)
Unit Diritto processuale civile
Company Law (lesson)
The course is aimed at providing to the student a complete knowledge of the civil process before the giudice di pace, the tribunal, the court of appeal and the Supreme Court. More specifically the course is aimed at enabling the student to understan the system of civil justice, the sources (national and international), and the relevance under the Italian Bill of Rights. The variuos proceedings are explained non only on a theoretical basis, but also from a practical perspective, through examples which enable the student to understand how in practice the law is applied
No specific requirement is requested. Nonetheless a good knowledge of private/civil law and of constitutional law is really useful.
The national and international sources of the civil justice.
The structure of the code of civil procedure. The principles relating to the civil justice contained in the Italian Bill of Rghts.
The general provision of the Italian civil code.
The justice, the parties the lawyers, the civil justice auxiliary.
The first instance proceeding; the introduction, the evidence and the decision.
The appeal and the Supreme Court.
Enforcement of judgment
Special proceedings and Arbitration
The enforcement of foreign judgements
The EC Regulations on civil justice.
The course will be given with the traditional system in classes "frontali". The professor will explain the basic rules of the civil procedure also making reference to the most important case law, so to enable the student to better understand how in practice they are applied. Approximately 3/5 of the lectures will be video registered only for the benefit of the students who applied for the course to be held with IT "blended" modalities. The remaining 2/5 approximately of the lectures will be available (only for the latter students) on "dolly". Due to the current Covid-19 situation the course is offered in the First Semester entirely on line.
The preparation of the student will be tested through an oral exam; the student shall answer 3/4 questions. There will not be interim exams. Exams will take place either personally on site, or on line, depending on the evolution of the Covid-19 situation. Students will be timely notified in connection therewith.
1) The student is expected to gain ad adequate knowledge of the civil process and of the main provisions of the Italian code of civil procedure and of the other laws containing provisions relating to civil procedure.
2) The student, once graduated,wiil be enabled to applied the acquired knowledges in his professional activity. The student will be in the position to manage and organize the litigation matters of a company, of a trade union, or of a public administration.
3) The student will be in the position to choose the provisions of law to be applied from time to time, in order to assess and resolve practical issues. The student will be enabled to know and/or resarch the applicabile case law, so to verify how, in practice, each provision of law shall be applied. The studend will be enabled to assess, in a critical manner, the most important case law.
4) The studend will learn the particular language required in order to study the civil justiice, in order to demonstrate, in a complete manner, the acquired knowledge.
6) The student will acquire a deep knowledge of the civil justice andhe will be enabled, if he so wishes, to continue the studies or to indidivually carry out researches on law reviews or on the internet.
Scienze giuridiche dell'impresa e della pubblica amministrazione
Diritto processuale civile (9 crediti)
L'esame dovrà essere preparato sui seguenti due testi, fermo restando che sarà necessario lo studio dei principali articoli del codice di procedura civile:
a) M. Bove Lineamenti di diritto processuale civile, Giappichelli, Torino, ultima edizione disponibile;
b) G. Verde, Diritto processuale civile, vol. 3 Procedimenti speciali, Zanichelli, Bologna, 2017 (da studiare Parte Prima - solo Capitoli 1, 2 e 3 fino a pag. 63 - e tutta la Parte Seconda - omettendo soltanto i paragrafi 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 e 9 del Capitolo 5 -). Nel caso di pubblicazione di edizioni più recenti del volume, dovranno essere studiati i paragrafi corrispondenti.
Al fine di una più approfondita preparazione del programma di esame lo studente potrà volontariamente studiare sul seguente testo:
P. Biavati, Argomenti di diritto processuale civile, Bononia University Press, ultima edizione disponibile.