Social sciences and humanities
Subject: COMMERCIAL LAW (A.A. 2021/2022)
Unit Diritto commerciale
The commercial law course aims at providing students a wide and in-depth look on the various subjects making up this branch of law. More specifically, it will focus on individual enterprises and on the various legal types of companies that exist in Italian law.
Adequate knowledge of Fundamentals of Private Law.
a) Enterprise: definition of entrepreneur; categories of entrepreneurs; intellectual property and industrial inventions; competition; consortia; negotiable instruments;
b) Companies: in general; types of company; transformation, merger and division; cooperatives.
The course is offered on campus, but if necessary due to the evolution of the Covid-19 situation the lessons will be provided on line. Students will be promptly updated.
Oral examination. The exam consists of at least three questions, which will concern the general issues indicated in the "Course Contents" section, to ascertain the correct understanding and sufficient knowledge of the concepts relating to the topics covered in the program. If the student demonstrates a sufficient level of knowledge, other questions will be made with reference to more specific profiles and with regard to the links between them. The exam usually lasts between 15 and 20 minutes. Exam evaluation criteria: completeness and correctness of the answers. The exams will take place in presence, compatibly with the evolution of the Covid-19 situation.
1) KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING. Students will acquire a basic knowledge of commercial law.
2) ABILITY TO APPLY KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING. Students will have the ability to apply the skills acquired in the interpretation of law and in the solution of the main problems posed by the subject.
3) AUTONOMY OF JUDGMENT: Students will be able to identify the reasons underlying the legal institutions dealt with and to evaluate with autonomy of judgment the solutions offered to the problems that will be treated during the lessons.
4) COMMUNICATION SKILLS. Students will be able to express themselves on the problems raised by the subject and on their possible solutions.
5) LEARNING SKILLS. Student will learn a method of study useful for the possible continuation of studies.
- G. Cottino, Lineamenti di diritto commerciale, IV edizione, Zanichelli, Bologna, 2020, o in alternativa:
- L. Farenga, Manuale di diritto commerciale, Giappichelli, Torino, 2020.
- G.F. Campobasso, Manuale di diritto commerciale, VII edizione cura di M. Campobasso, UTET Giuridica, Torino, 2017,
I testi sopraindicati sono segnalati a solo titolo indicativo; è facoltà di ogni studente, pertanto, preparare l'esame su altro manuale reperibile in commercio purché di edizione molto recente.